Not all shoe covers are disposable, at least in the single-use sense (most everything is eventually disposable, right?). But who uses reusable shoe covers? What are reusable shoe covers made from? What are the benefits and drawbacks?
Who uses them?
Reusable shoe covers are recommended for use in the following industries:
- Tradespeople (carpet cleaners, electricians, cable installers, plumbers, etc.)
- Home inspectors
- Cleaning services
Basically, if your profession brings you into the homes and businesses of your customers, and you care about differentiating yourself from your competition, taking the extra step in protecting their flooring from tracked in grime and scratching by using shoe covers is important. However, instead of using standard disposable shoe covers, which are definitely not as durable and which add up in cost each time you put on a new pair, you can use reusable booties.
Shoe Inn’s washable shoe covers are an affordable way to avoid damage and contamination that will likely lead to losing customers. Our reusable shoe covers are the #1 choice among professionals because of our quality materials and affordable pricing, and they are made right here in the USA!
What are they made from?
Shoe Inn’s reusable shoe covers are constructed with a premium nylon material, which is the same material used to manufacture rugged items like tarps and backpacks. The extremely durable fabric is permanently sealed with a moisture barrier finish, while the sole is made from a rugged, waterproof, non-slip material.
What are the pluses and minuses?
Let’s start with cons. There aren’t many, but might as well get them out first.
- Cost more than disposable shoe covers (at least initially)
- Require care and keeping track of if you want to make them last as long as possible
- Let us know if you can think of anything else, we can’t
As for the much longer list of pros:
- Reusable for approximately 6-9 months (ultimately costing MUCH LESS than disposables)
- Machine washable
- Range of sizes from small to extra large
- Three different color options (blue, black and red)
- Customizable (embroidered) for branding value
- Made in the USA
Basically, if you want an economical way to keep moisture in, while providing you with superior traction and peace of mind that you will not be slipping and sliding around or damaging a customer’s floors because of your shoes/boots and anything that might be on them (oil, mud, dirt, etc.), Shoe Inn reusable shoe covers are an excellent option.